Police release the name of woman killed in Davidson Co. accident | News
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — An elderly woman died on Wednesday after her car struck a fence, crashed down an embankment and overturned in a creek.
Troopers said they received a call around 10:21 a.m. in reference to an accident. However, officers believe the accident happened around 9:30 a.m.
Authorities said 78-year-old Justina Teague Temple of Lexington was driving her 2003 Chevy Impala on Hampton Rd. near the Muddy Creek Bridge when she crossed left of center and her car struck a fence, crashed down an embankment and overturned in the creek.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no passengers inside the car and no other vehicles involved.
Beck said he does not know why the driver crossed left of center.
No other information was provided.
Upcoming Events near Lexington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Woman charged with arson in Winston-Salem apartment fire last month
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools hopes move polling places
- Trial begins for man accused of passing stopped school bus, killing student in Kernersville
- Suspect sought for armed robbery of Winston-Salem business
- Student robbed at gunpoint at school bus stop in Winston-Salem
- Thomasville man accused of shooting son during fight
- Thomasville reports 12,500 gallons of wastewater spilled into creek
- Van Denton surprises Weather Kid with doll she lost 4 years ago
- Thomasville mom set on fire by husband being helped by church members
- 5-hour standoff in Thomasville ends peacefully, suspect in custody